Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Greasy Hair?

Do you have hair that gets greasy after a day? Well I have some tips and tricks that might help you with that greasy hair.

A little bit about your hair and why it gets oily. Your hair like your skin needs to be moisturized. The oil produced on your head help to moisturize your habit as well as your scalp. How quickly everyone's hair gets oily varies from person to person. Some peoples hair gets oily as soon as you wash it, whereas some peoples hair can go a few days without washing and it won't be super oily.

As a disclaimer, these tips are purely based on my own experience. They might work for you or they might not. Also, results sometimes are not instant because your body needs to get use to the change.

1. One thing important thing I do is I wash my hair every other day. I feel like, when I wash it everyday, more oils are produced because the shampoo is stripping away all of the natural oils, therefore your body produces more to make up for what you keep taking away.

2. When I wash my hair I focus the shampoo on the area closest to the roots and the foam through the rest of my hair. The reason for this is so I do not dry out the ends of my hair. The ends of your hair, unlike the roots of your hair, hardly ever get a taste of that oil/natural moisturizer your body is producing, hence dry ends. As for conditioner, same idea, but instead of focussing the conditioner at the roots, I only use conditioner at the ends of my hair.

3. Wash your hair first before washing other parts of your body. After you have put conditioner in your hair, get a clip and clip your hair in a loose bun while you do other things. This way your hair actually has time to absorb the conditioner before it's rinsed off. This would be a good time to shave your legs, exfoliate, or whatever else is a part of your shower time ritual.

4. Focus hair products such as hair serums, leave in conditioners, even heat protectants at the ends of your hair. There was a time in my life where I straightened my hair everyday. I noticed that heat protectants weighed down my hair meaning ugly flat hair, and it caused my hair to get oily very quickly. So, any extra products, save it for the ends.

And just some other random tips for oily hair is, look for shampoos designed for oily hair. Also try shampoos that are free of silicone and sulfates. If you're training your hair and transitioning from washing your hair everyday to every other day, apply some dry shampoo to your head at the end of the first day before you head to bed. This will help absorb some of that excess oil overnight.

Any oily hair tips and tricks out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment